henley-on-thames town council
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY

Sign up for our newsletter

Why do we ask for this information?

Local Authorities Responsibilities Matrix - who deals with what?

Town Council Customer Service

Henley on Thames Town Council is committed to assisting residents with local issues and the officers aim to help, advise or point anyone with a problem in the right direction.

We will be able to deal immediately with any issues relating to Council land or property or any of the Council's services or functions (for a full list of the services we provide look under Council Services). 

Should your enquiry or complaint relate to a function of another tier of authority, such as highways, rubbish collection, or housing-related queries, then it may be possible for Council officers to assist or they may need to refer you to somebody else.

Henley on Thames Town Council prides itself in having a strong working relationship with the other tiers of authority and as a result residents problems are much easier dealt with.

If you have any issues to report on the state of the street you live in, you should report them following this link:   www.fixmystreet.com/reports/Oxfordshire/Henley-on-Thames   Your report will be passed on to Oxfordshire County Council who will acknowledge your communication and keep you posted as to progress being made.

Services provided by South Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire County Council are shown below

South Oxfordshire District Council is responsible for the following services:

  • Arts
  • Community advice and support
  • Council tax collection and Government benefits eg travel tokens
  • Dog litter bin collections
  • Economic development
  • Electoral services
  • Environmental services, eg noise, pest control
  • Grants
  • Help and support for businesses
  • Housing services
  • Licensing
  • Listed building control
  • Off Street car parks at Greys Road and Kings Road and the public toilets at those car parks
  • Planning services (for a direct link to new and past applications go to http://www.southoxon.gov.uk/ccm/support/Main.jsp?MODULE=ApplicationRef&TYPE=Application)
  • Recycling, food waste and residual waste collections
  • Restaurant and takeaway inspections
  • Sport and leisure
  • Street cleaning and dealing with fly tipping
  • Tree preservation

Oxfordshire County Council is responsible for the following services

  • Older person's bus passes
  • Education and schools
  • Fire Service and community safety
  • Heritage
  • Highways including potholes, tourism signs, gritting
  • Libraries, recreation, arts, museums
  • Lighting - highways and footways
  • On street parking permits
  • Public rights of way, including footpaths and bridleways 
  • Recreation, arts & museums
  • Registration of births, deaths & marriages
  • Social services (adults)
  • Strategic planning and some planning applications (mainly mineral extraction and waste disposal sites)
  • Trading standards
  • Traffic and transport including road safety 
  • Waste recycling centres

If you are still not sure, just contact us and if it's not the Town Council we'll let you know who is responsible.